Wednesday 2 May 2012

3ds Max Work, getting to detail.

I have continued on by looking at textures and reflection and creating water, and glass. I done this by playing with transparency, ray trace, bump, and reflection. Note the detail in the tiling, I wanted to make the tiling look realistic and imperfect, I moved a few tiles slightly up and rotated a few in order to acheive this look. I decided rather than using images of tiles to create the materials, to make a texture that resembled a sort of rough, slate style tiling. My next step is to look at caustics, I want the light to shine through the water on the glass floor on the top floor down through to the bottom floor to create a nice lighting effect. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caustic_%28optics%29) I was going to texture the walls aswell but im not sure now as I like them plain, maybe I will add a bit of glossiness to them to create more reflection and add some more windows.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment