Monday 27 February 2012

Slight Change in Direction

I had planned on completely re-designing the entire space within the pool area of a swimming pool. Due to problems with getting my hands on existing plans and also feeling like I may be taking on too much, I have decided to redesign the pool space and not the actual entire room. I will still be able to make use of all of my current ideas such as space, lighting, reflection, glass, water features and even the under ground pool idea. I will look at local pools and find out the dimensions of the pool which won't be too hard as pools are generally all roughly the same sizes. I will continue to look at how to make the most of the space within the pools and also still look at ways in which the pool can be divided into seperate areas.





 
Above are some examples of similar things people have done before. Hopefully this will give you an Idea of what my intensions.

Look at ways in which pools can be divided up whilst making the most of the space. I have already established that in most leisure centres the shallow pools are alot smaller than the deep pools. I want to make the family areas larger and include more features. I may divide the pool up into many sections for different ages of people. I would like to have private areas for young babies and their parents so that they are not frightened by the older children or adults. I would also like to have private areas for professional swimmers so that children and other swimmers are not blocking their way or disrupting their training. This many not necessarily mean putting up walls and barriers between them, it may just be a case of seperating out the areas so that some categories of people can have a  bit of personal space away from the crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment