Monday 20 February 2012

Swimming Pool Designers

I have looked at more Swimming Pool Designs over the past few weeks than I could ever count, however, I have been particularly drawn to ideas that are different and innovative. I want to create a pool design which is for families and so it needs to be user friendly, however, being a designer, I want to create something that is in itself a peice of Art. I would like the design to become a sort of attraction, therefore encouraging people from all backgrounds to come and check out the facilities.

This pool is in a hotel, which used to be a water purifying centre and so purity is a leading factor in this design. It was designed by architects Ricardo Legorreta and his son. 




This pool, which is actually not a pool at all, can be found at the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa. It looks like a pool and has the shape and characteristics of a pool but in actual fact it is just a concrete room with a sheet of glass on top. Water is poured over the glass to give the illusion of being underwater and light does the rest.



I am particularly interested in the above peices because I have the idea of creating a shallow pool under the ground. I figure that in the majority of leisure centres there are a shallow pool and a deep pool. The ground must be deep enough in order to build the deep pool and with this in mind, I was thinking that under the shallow pool there is another level of ground which is generally never in use. This opens up alot of design possibilities and I am genuinly suprised I havent come across anyone with a similar idea.

Here are some plans I found online, I have briefly edited them on photoshop to show the sort of thing I am thinking of.



I have also become very interested in using alot of glass and transparency in my swimming pool design. I am sure this is pretty clear when looking at some of the images I have put up and so I'd like to look at this in more detail.


This Pool is in W Hotel, Miami.

By Sail Kapal.

The Z Oceans Hotel, South Beach, Miami.

hometrenddesign.com







 








1 comment: