Sunday 12 February 2012

Space and Lighting

When working with interiors I need to consider the space and lighting and how this could further the impact of the design.
It is extremely important to think about lighting and how it may work with the space in both negative and positive ways. For example, if we have a feature in the space which is not properly lit then it can be absorbed into the space and forgotten. Light should be used to suit the space and the mood that the designer aims to portray througout the space. Dim lighting will create more of a calming and intimate environment and Bright lighting can make the environment more lively and spacious. Lighting can be improved by using natural light and reflection. Natural lighting is simple to acheive through the use of open spaces by using plenty of windows or transparent walls. Reflection can be used with natural or artificial lighting. Reflective surfaces such as mirrors and water can create a very interesting effect. I aim to experiment quite alot when thinking about the way I would like to use lighting for my project. In the guidlines for swimming pool design according to european standards, it states that the more natural light used the better and so I need to take this into account. I would also like to take advantage of the fact that there will be plenty of water in my space, which will reflect the light in ways which I could adapt to be different but interesting and useful. I have looked at some other peoples use of lighting.






(An Interesting website http://saraantoninteriors.co.uk/importance-lighting-interior-design/)

No comments:

Post a Comment